After you have gained admission at an Australian educational institution, your next step is to obtain a student visa. Applying for and successfully obtaining a student visa may be a complicated matter and this where the experianced staff of Education Guru can assist you using our partner organisation Migration Guru Pty Ltd.
Student Visa Requirements
To qualify for a student visa, an applicant must satisfy the following requirements
- Be a genuine student intending to undertake studies and abide by the visa conditions
- Be accepted by the education provider in a full-time registered course
- Have adequate means of financial support for the period of the course. this means that the applicant should have ready access to liquid assets (like bank balances, fixed deposits, bank loans) required to meet the course fees, living costs and other associated costs like airfares, health insurance.
- Have the required IELTS / PTE/ OTE band level
- Have good reasons for not undertaking studies in your home country if a similar course is available
- Should have a consistent education and employment background
- Be of good health
- Be of good character, this means that the applicant should not have any criminal convictions, criminal charges or pending court hearings
For most up to date information about the Australian visa regulations, please talk to one of our staff.